John's Golden Birthday

>> Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10th marked John's 10th birthday.

We started the day at Denny's for the junior grand slam chocolate chip pancakes- free since it was John's birthday.  We then visited the Bellevue Humane Society to say hello to the cats and kittens.  My inability to take a deep breath while visiting the cat room may indicate that a cat is not in our future- much to a certain 10 year old boy's disappointment.  They were cute though.  I suppose 5 people and an 85 pound dog in 1500 square feet of living space is plenty. 


John's free Jr Grand Slam Birthday Breakfast at Denny's




9:46 AM in the Costco Gas Line- John officially turns 10!!!

We spent our afternoon putting the finishing touches on our Wild West themed birthday celebration.  Our neighbor, Mrs. Ernster, stopped by with a sweet birthday cake for John.  How thoughtful!  And what great timing as we weren't serving a cake this year and I was trying to figure out what I could use to hold a candle for the birthday song and wish making.  Thank youto one of our most favorite neighbors for the cake, it was perfect!!




Seven friends joined John & Sally to celebrate John's Golden Birthday.  We had a "build your own burger bar" with all sorts of hamburger toppings.  Then we watched the animated western themed movie, Rango.  It was a clever movie.  We had make your own trail mix popcorn.  All kinds of mix-ins to add to your popcorn for a tasty treat.
Party Ready



Take Home Gifts:  Personalized "Wanted" posters for the boys- in the basket, and Monogrammed Journal books for the girls.


John's 1st Birthday Celebration Invitations- also Wild West themed





Dressed Wild West

Burger Bar

Little Cowgirl





CowGIRLS vs Aliens?  or maybe Charlie's Angels?






Ready to watch RANGO

I can't believe I have a 10 year old, how did that happen???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP