Egg Fun

>> Friday, September 14, 2012


The 5th graders at John's school held the annual egg toss this morning.  John had spent the last week thinking up his ideas for how to create a container that would hold an egg safely from a 20' toss.

I loved his design ideas in the process.  The most creative, I thought, was the idea to pack the egg in firm jello.  I've got to find his drawing of that idea to add to this blog post!

He had his container of foam and plastic all set, and a practice run completed Tuesday night.  Then last night he decided he wanted to try packing an egg in it one more time to make sure he remembered the best way to put it in there.  Erik threw it up for him and the container broke- as did the egg!  Whoops.  I guess that Ziplock Take Along container was a one throw kind of thing.  So we had to improvise just before bed a new plan last night.  We hoped the new idea would work.

Here are some photos of the event today.  With a loud sigh (said by all), the egg survived.

Looks a little nervous waiting.

Friend D's container looks substantial!

He's up.  His Teacher, Mr. W., is at top of ladder.
Up, up, up it goes!







fingers crossed!



It survived!


Two thumbs up!


Waiting to see if friend, A's, egg survived
(it was packed in mini marshmallows)


Yippee!  All the boy's eggs survived.  Future engineering firm??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP