Off and Running
>> Monday, September 10, 2012
Sally had her first dance class this week. Ballet & Tap. Her best friend, Miss K, is joining her class this year too. Their teacher is Miss S. She is incredible! Sally had her for creative movement when she was three. It is fun for Sally to be back in class with Miss S. as the teacher.
Soccer is back up and running with practices. First game was this past weekend. So fun to watch the boys playing again! A win made it all the sweeter.
![]() |
| John and his lime green soccer shoes. |
I have arranged for a sitter a couple hours each week while the big kids are at school. It gives me the opportunity to get to appointments, run errands, volunteer at the kid's school, or (as I did this week) treat myself. I enjoyed tea, an incredible chicken curry salad and a little sweet treat at a local tea house. So fun!
This, of course, will not be a weekly event. But oh so yummy. Good thing I started with the "Lazy Girl's" Triathlon yesterday. It is a fun way to connect with girlfriends and get in shape. 20 of us are participating. We will run/walk 26.2 miles, bike 112 and swim 2.4 miles over a five week period. We will meet mid-October to celebrate our accomplishments! I guess we could consider the above photo carb-loading pre-race.... maybe?????
Our remodel of doors, trim and our remodeled mudroom are nearly complete. My mom is coming over this week to help me sew the cover for the bench. We are awaiting some special order doors for the upper cubbie cabinets, and we decided to add one more shelf to go above the washer. Should finish up in the next few weeks so I'll post completet photos then. I can already tell it was worth all the years of dreaming about it because it has turned out to be exactly what we wanted and needed.
We have more projects to do, including new white trim on our windows, new flooring, and painting the kitchen cabinets.... but we have to save back up for those projects, so likely not until next summer.




0 comments:
Post a Comment